During this session, we will review the benefits of federal and state tax incentive programs and the requirements. Participants will learn more about tax incentive programs with a focus on the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (demographic-based) and the Federal Empowerment Zone (geographic-based) programs that offer up to $9,600 in credits per employee for their business.
About the Presenter:
Lucinda Vela is the Business Development Director for RetroTax for the Texas region. She is also an adjunct faculty member at St. Mary’s University where she teaches marketing, public relations and career planning. As a strategic marketing expert specializing in marketing and communications, product and business development, and project, staff and customer service management, her expertise includes the following.
- Executive Level Management and Leadership
- Communications, Public Relations and Advertising
- Strategic Business, Marketing and Sales Planning
- Customer Service Data Warehousing and Retention
- Product Research, Development and Branding
- Goal-Oriented Project Planning and Management